Stress is a common response of challenging or new situations. Stress can be mental and physical. Your body releases stress hormones like adrenaline, which may help you respond to a stressful situation.
What else can you do to relieve stress?
- Try exercise. Exercise releases endorphins, which have mood-boosting effects.
- Spend time with friends and loved ones. Social support is linked with better mental health.
- Make time for hobbies and activities you enjoy. Doing things you enjoy can help you relax and rejuvenate.
- Get enough sleep. Sleep is essential for good physical and mental health.
- Try relaxation techniques such as deep breathing or meditation. These can help you focus and calm your mind.
- Eat healthy foods. Eating nutritious foods helps your body to function at its best.
- Limit alcohol and caffeine. Both of these can contribute to anxiety and other stress-related symptoms.
- Connect with nature. Spending time in nature can help reduce stress and promote a sense of peace.
- Practice gratitude. Focusing on the positive can help you feel more content and less stressed.
- Seek professional help if needed. If your stress is impacting your life in a negative way, don’t hesitate to seek help from a mental health professional.
Please click to speak to a member of our expert team on your own unique needs.